MOVING LIGHT PRODUCTIONS has just completed a full lighting refit of lighting bars, dimmers and patching system of
KILVINGTON GRAMMAR SCHOOL's Main Theatre Hall in April. Teaming up with BYTE ELECTRICS the company secured the
$50,000 large lighting fit out in the hall. Moving Light Productions have been the lighting design company for the schools
productions and events for the past 8 years and were awarded the tender in February to complete the fit out.
Covid - 19 then hit the world which put a stalling on the install and so the team decided to use the time in terms of
preparing the venue for the re - fit until it was safe to complete it.
The new lighting fit out has consisted of the following:
- 2 x LSC GEN 6 SWITCHABLE DIMMER RACKS
- 1 X LSC REDBACK 78 CHANNEL PATCHING SYSTEM (LINKED THROUGHOUT THE HALL)
- 4 X 32 AMP 3 PHASE OUTLETS (Originally the dimmer room only had a capability of 2)
- FOH 1 & 2 NEW PATCH OUTLETS (12 ON EACH BAR WITH DMX AND ETHERNET OUTLETS) 78 outlets in total
- LX 1, LX 2, LX 3, LX 4, LX 5 NEW PATCH OUTLETS (12 ON EACH BAR WITH DMX and ETHERNET OUTLETS)
- 6 x GPO OUTLETS (Used for LED Control and Moving Lights on separate circuit board)
- NEW DMX 1 & 2 OUTLETS IN CONTROL ROOM (INCLUDING ETHERNET CONTROL)
MOVING LIGHT PROVIDES FULL RE - FIT OF KILVINGTON GRAMMAR SCHOOL HALL
TASMANIAN THEATRE AWARDS
In February 2020 lighting designer Jason Bovaird was awarded "OUTSTANDING LIGHTING OR FILM / VIDEO DESIGN" in the
Tasmanian Theatre Council Theatre Awards held at the prestigious Wrest Point Casino on February 22nd.
The awards are for outstanding work in MUSICAL THEATRE, DRAMA, DANCE and EXPERIMENTAL THEATRE for all
productions staged in Tasmania.
Jason's work was awarded for Encore Theatre Company's production of "WE WILL ROCK YOU" staged in July in 2019 at
the Princess Theatre in Launceston.
Encore Theatre Company received a total of 11 awards on the night out of 22 nominations.